View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #36
Daviddee1983
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
I dont hate Scotland, I dont hate anyone here. Im pointing out the facts, I said this before regarding the Scottish fanbase. They FINALLY have something to hold onto in sport again, there own Scottish fighter, hero, champion, whatever. Its about pride at the end of the day, its not like you lot can rely on your football teams.

But this is clouding peoples thoughts, and whether you like it or not, this group does exist, like it exists around Ricky Hatton or anybody else. This deluded fanboy culture who will stand by their fighter no matter what, no matter if its complete BS. The fighter can do and say no wrong, and when they get shocked/proved wrong, they try to move the goalposts.

Its no different from football supporters and supporting their team. Its tribal. Thats why I dont attach myself to a fighter or support them like some of you do. I try to remain neutral. But I dont know whether your reading this part or not, but I dont mind Ricky Burns, he seems like a top guy and a good boxer.

But I think the fanboys ignore that bit when I say it, and look at the rest to have some sort of go at, as usual.

What I dont like is the fanclub around the fighter, and the attitude of the trainer at times, towards some boxing fans.

No, I dont fit into that demographic stereotype, of a **** head that goes to fights looking to get into a s****, like Billy would probably assume, "just another ****head and troll" type of thing.

For one I dont drink, and for two I dont go to fights anymore, and for three, I'm not trolling, Im providing a clear, alternative, and different opinion to some of you, which sometimes may be different to the "norm"....that doesnt make
anybody a troll.

But what's your point no one is blinded and thinks Ricky is invincible.. Or have I misread this someplace?? In most people's opinion this fight is probably a 70-30 fight in favour of Broner. Billy is confident in Ricky's ability what is wrong with that? There isn't a massive following for boxing up here in Scotland and in honesty Scottish fans don't care win or lose we are going to have fun.. It's just sport at the end of the day so your barking up the wrong tree.

I'm a boxing fan and I think Ricky is a world class boxer can he beat Broner definately.. Will he beat Broner I don't know.. I don't really get your point?? Do you not think Ricky is World Class?
Daviddee1983 is offline  Top