Old 12-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #131
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
First of all, I believe everyone is on something in sports, you're only smart if you are able to escape it. As olympian Ben Johnson already stated "Everyone cheats", this isn't anything new to anyone that follows sports in depth.

Now to get on topic yet again. As I previously stated, Marquez never looked anything supernatural in this fight. What PEDs do is greatly enhance stamina, recovery and activity. It does NOT develop power overnight because if it did, almost ALL professional boxers would have great KO ratios. What Marquez did was hire a controversial(nothing different from others who escape their own formulas) yet experienced and great conditioner. Marquez' gameplan in this one was obvious, he wanted to use his usual counter punching but be more offensive than normal due to his power training. If anything, it looked like Marquez was tiring already from the pummeling he took, blood loss and cuts as the fight progressed. I didn't notice anything supernatural there that are clear cut indications of heavy PED usage, NONE of it whatsoever. I just saw a dedicated fighter fighting the same way he always did only more offensive than usual because it was clearly do or die for him this time, he was clearly opening up at some points to get knocked out his self. PEDs do NOT develop a solid chin overnight, otherwise as I said again, everyone will have an iron chin in this sport.

That's just my opinion on the subject and I'm sure many will agree that Marquez hardly looked supernatural compared to before. Was Tarver on PEDs in his rematch with Jones Jr. despite what happened in the first round?, was Martinez on PEDs in his rematch against Williams? I have FAR more examples to share. Pacquiao got caught cold by a punch he didn't expect, it happens in this sport and shouldn't come as a surprise. What happened here is Boxing, not PEDs.
PEDs didn't develop his power overnight, he has been with Angel for a year now or more, since the 3rd Marquez/Manny fight.

Marquez didn't look like he was triing from his work at all, he was tiring because his nose was broken and had blood most likely blocking his breating.

Tarver didn't follow Roy up from WW in the span of 3 years to with his KO power rising through the weight classes. Tarver also never was in a situation where as they rose through the weightclasses as pros and fought each other than he was never able to actually hurt Roy the level that he did in the 2nd fight and KO him on a punch he regularly lands on him.

No one said Marquez doesn't have skill, the only thing I say is Marquez had help of the chemical kind in putting on mass to function at 147.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top