View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Great fighters of the sport...when the end is near !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyG View Post
It some how happens to them all. Every single one. It will happen to Marquez, Mayweather etc because, it always does. Off the top of my head I cant remember one great fighter who left at the right time. That is the business. A young buck will make his career off of a name like said above. it hurts to see it.

But we will always keep coming back...
Rocky Marciano. Lennox Lewis. But of course niether of those guys could make 20 mil for a fight coming off a loss. Pacquiao can. Mayweather can. Some one will convince them to do when they are well past it and they will suffer the consequences. Its the sad nature of the beast. Pac was fighting good but you and me and everyone who knows boxing knows that was nearing the end before this fight and it is the end now. The fighter I most liken pac to is Roberto Duran. Duran had one last hora against Iran Barkley. But first he had to suffer through hard and horrible losses to Benitez, Hagler and Hearns. Not to mention a couple of losses to some bum journeymen. I really don't want to see pac walk that road. Pac is a credit to humanity and he's got so much to offer to his people outside of the ring that it would be a shame to see him not walk away when the time was right.
o_money is offline  Top