Old 12-11-2012, 05:00 AM   #378
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS8 View Post
LOL, this is ridiculous ... gentlemen, seriously.

Saying that champions like Klitschko or Marciano have "no chance" against anybody, including each other, reeks of fanboyism. In reality I think that it would be an awesome fight, and that by no means would it be as simple as "Oh, Wlad keeps Rocky on the end of his jab all night long, with ease" or "Rocky gets inside and beats Wlad to a pulp, with ease."

In reality they have never met anybody like each other, they are pretty damn unique in their physiques, skillsets and mental abilities. It isn't so simple as that.

I think Marciano would edge it. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Klitschko take it, either.
Actually, what you just did here is what reeks of fanboyism. You didn't say anything about styles, just that "Marciano would edge it". It doesn't matter that Marciano was a champion - it's absolutely irrelevant. He doesn't have the tools to execute his style against Klitschko and is at a massive physical disadvantage. He never beat a single good large (let alone super) heavyweight. He never fought anyone remotely like Vlad. People are claiming he'd beat Vlad on the basis of him beating up guys like Joe Walcott and Ezzard Charles in 6 ounce gloves. I'm not buying it for a moment.
rusak is offline  Top