Old 12-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #38
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Roach "Strength trainers are bulls**t"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
I might be heavily biased on the matter, but why have a S&C expert in your camp if your not going to use him?

Manny is a fighter who's success has been strongly based on his physical gifts and his conditioning. It makes no sense to me whatsoever to not maximise his S&C. It's not as if you can't do both S&C and boxing in camp. The boxing part of training, practising little moves here and there, certain combinations, tactics, feints, foot position etc doesn't have to take up too much energy, so there's no excuse for it.

I didn't know that Manny had stopped S&C, but it'd certainly explain why he's gone from throwing ridiculous amounts of punches non stop per round to a fighter who fights in bursts only. Very strange decision. I knew there was beef between Roach and Ariza so maybe Manny and Freddie have compromised on him - Ariza gets to stick around as a 'friend' for Manny, but Manny doesn't work on S&C with him. Big mistake imo.

Strength and conditioning is a MASSIVE part of boxing and experts in this field are a vital part of a fighters team.
Boxalot is offline  Top