Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #43
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler McGee UK Commentary Just Pathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydebank Blitz View Post
So by not televising any of his fights during Ireland's short boxing boom, the Irish were supporting him? As I said, the shit wasnt even on in the pub at the weekend, while they havent missed an Amir Khan fight. Just a fact that it's easy to not have a clue who he is. I'm sure theres plenty of Irish boxing fans who just found out who he was last night considering that he's never on Sky, Boxnation or RTE...or even in the newspaper.

Plenty of irish fighters do get a great following, even down to Patrick Hyland and Willie Casey, but Magee isnt really one of them despite always being ranked higher.
LMAO you think Hyland and Casey have better followings than Magee? first of all, where are you getting this "fact" that it wasn't on in the pubs? yes it was as for Patrick Hylands fight..Patrick who? would be the response you'd get from most people

second of all, you didn't know who Magee was even when he battered the **** out of your "undefeated pospect" Stevie Maguire? Was that not on TV either? THAT is the definition of a nobody, Brian Magee had a lot of hype when he turned pro, for one he was a great amateur who handed Jeff Lacy one of his few amateur losses.

gotta love a guy from Clydebank telling me how many people know who Brian Magee is and how many people support him
BlackBrenny is offline  Top