View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933
Default Re: Hatton fights.Best atmosphere of any fight?

One of the best things that makes a great fight card is a great atmosphere.
So for this reason I have great interest in this thread. I have never been to a fight in the UK but if I had I would certainly love to have been to a Hatton fight.
From the outside in, the atmosphere at Froch V Bute looked class.
I like the atmosphere even more when instead of a song its just raw shouting in support of a fighter either trying to survive or getting close to stoppage.

But the hatton fights were class. Over here in Dublin the Bernard Dunne V Ricardo Cordoba fight was the most dramatic sports event I ever witnessed. 6 knock downs and I can honestly say that Dunne fed off the energy in the crowd that night for sure.
I would say that future wise there must be a lot of excitment at the prospect of Froch V Kessler and Khan V Brook, Frampton V Quigg, Barker V Macklin, Barker V Murray, Fury V Price.

Then on the international stge Vegas is always great. I also imagine if Macklin V Lee happens in Paddys day that will be a special moment also.
I always love it when the Mexican star fights to Peurto Rican star , or Mexico V US or Philipino in the mix. And I have to say that the thought of the atmosphere for Chavez Jr v someone like Ward or PAvlik or Froch in the future could be huge if it takes place in a neutral venue. It's neutrality that creates the best atmosphere in the US.
paddymickey is offline  Top