Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #49
Trail
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Colin Hart in the hall of fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I don't think Gatti should be a first ballot and go in the same way the likes of Leonard and Duran were.As I said on the general,they should start defining separate categories if being popular and exciting is enough to be a first ballot.
Plenty of people feel the same and I ain't stuck up nor do I give much thought to shit other than taking one in the morning and trying not to step on it when I run in the park.
I loved Gatti but to give him the same sort of induction as Tommy Hearns reeks of over emotional nostalgia and would give an outsider to the sport looking at the HOF the completely wrong impression.
A good idea would be to name a special induction in his honour which specifies that a fighter gets in for entertainment value and/or bravery.
I think Gatti should be in there for entertainment, what he has done for the sport, bravery, punishment he took in the ring. Though I agree SRL, Hearns, Marvin and Duran deserve to be in there Gatti deserves to be in there for sheer guts and turning a generation onto boxing.
Trail is offline  Top