View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #2718
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Just scored the Tony Baltazar-Howard Davis Jr. fight, and predictably enough.......scored it a draw.

Davis Baltazar

9 10
10 9
10 9
10 9
8 10
10 9
9 10
8 10
10 9
10 9

A couple things stick out, as I'd read so much about this fight being a robbery. It wasn't. Even based on the ten-point must system it could very well have gone either way, but this was fought in New Jersey under the rounds system (a stupid way to score a fight). Based on that, I don't think there's much of a question Davis deserved the verdict. It's not his fault the scoring system was what it was, and he DID win more rounds.

I was impressed with the way Davis came back strong in the sixth after a very, very hard knockdown in round five. He showed some real mettle. Problem was, he just couldn't push Baltazar back. Tony was immensely strong and a huge banger with the left hook. Davis had to move and then stand and flurry in spots. He had to work hard in this one, and those were two very hard knockdowns Baltazar scored. I can see why people thought Baltazar should have had it go his way. His work was much more telling; pity for him the rounds system was in play.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top