View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #83
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174
Default Re: Ricky Burns ducking Broner again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
He's done a full camp for no wages and this was supposed to be a tune-up with a big fight being promised to him for next year.
Spend some time on the Brit forum and you'll realise that Ricky's problem is that he has a ****pig of a promoter who is stifling him.Even the majority of people who don't like Ricky acknowledge that he wants the big fights and it's the promoter who's scared of losing him.
This cancellation could be a good thing,because it puts Ricky in a position where he can start to make demands.
I'm going to try and be civil with you here in the hope that you'll do some research and get to the meat and bones of this subject.
Ricky knows that his fans were sick with the choice of opponent for Saturday and will be making his feelings known.I don't mind the assertion that Broner beats Ricky because although I'm a fan,I'm well aware that Broner is more than a bit special,but to suggest Ricky is scared of anyone and doesn't want big fights is 100% untrue.
His promoter knows he loses total control if Ricky signs to fight Broner over there and that's the issue here.It's all very well to say Ricky should walk away but there's a lot more to it than that and I'd be happy to enlighten you if you wish.
Sounds like Ricky is the UK version of Canelo; a guy who has personal ambition but a protective promoter.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top