PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: James Toney vs Chris Eubank At SMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Toney, a better technician making far fewer mistakes and much more fluid

Eubank hardly worked at a high pace himself. Eubanks reflexs are also not worthy of comparisons to RJJ neither is his speed and boxing generally. Actually I'm not his speed

It should also be noted Eubank was operating at a much lower level than Toney. His biggest career test was probably Watson, who he got gift decision in the first fight and come from behind KO in the rematch. The same Watson who was completely dominated by McCallum.
Kind of like Toney got a come from behind KO over Nunn???? Do we punish or disregard the work that goes into setting up an opponent for a late round KO? I don't ascribe to lucky punch theories, but rather well set up and executed ones for the most part....

It is clear that we won't change each others minds and I know that I regard Eubank much higher than many....Likewise many regard Toney more than I do!

On another note, since I respect your opinion and analysis on a good many matters on this forum...I am a big appreciator of both Mccallum and watson.....I have always felt that Watson fought the wrong fight against McCallum...That his corner urged him to be a little more aggresive than I though would be his best approach....Not sure that I would pick him to win anyway, but i don't feel like he or his team put him in the best position to the win the fight....What are your thoughts on Watson's approach in that fight?
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top