Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #24
travolt
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: James Toney vs Chris Eubank At SMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post

Chris in setting up a punch discovers an opponent who has let his guard down and it is a lucky punch and not a well executed one! Alrighty then... Castro stopped Jackson in a similar (although he was dominated, not sure I would use that word here unless you scored the fight like Parris..although I did have watson ahead).....history is full of what you might call lucky shots....I prefer well timed and executed....I don't believe in luck....rather you make your own.
Each fighter's weakness deserves to be analysed objectively, and it seems to me you're trying to rewrite history.

Are you seriously claiming Chris' wasn't a lucky shot ? It had desperation written allover it.

Toney certainly was behind on points when he Kod Nunn, but he wasn't on the verge of being stopped himself; he was actually getting stronger. And he certainly wasn't huffin' and puffin' like Chris used to in nearly each ending of his fights.

Add the bodyshots of Toney and Chris fragile body...

It doesn't mean necessarly Toney defeats Eubank; they were both great fighters; but Eubank's weaknesses seem to play into Toney's strenghts.
travolt is offline  Top