Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #25
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: James Toney vs Chris Eubank At SMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by travolt View Post
Each fighter's weakness deserves to be analysed objectively, and it seems to me you're trying to rewrite history.

Are you seriously claiming Chris' wasn't a lucky shot ? It had desperation written allover it.

Toney certainly was behind on points when he Kod Nunn, but he wasn't on the verge of being stopped himself; he was actually getting stronger. And he certainly wasn't huffin' and puffin' like Chris used to in nearly each ending of his fights.

Add the bodyshots of Toney and Chris fragile body...

It doesn't mean necessarly Toney defeats Eubank; they were both great fighters; but Eubank's weaknesses seem to play into Toney's strenghts.
Now this post is one that I respect while still disgreeing with it! Thanks for the clarification....

I don't see much of a difference between the 2 comeback stoppages, with the exception that i do think that Eubank was the more fatigued (although i think just because watson was not visably fatigued as Eubank that he was not in fact moreso)....Watson KD is followed by 2 punches both Eubank.....the following round Eubank starts an all out assault where Watson does not answer back....Again I don't see Luck involved....Both were behind on the cards and had to look strategically for more than winning a round or 2.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3PtLoMP04w[/ame]

I love watson, so am not really wanting to discuss this alot more in detail due to the outcome....

LOL....not sure I agree w/ Chris's fragile body statement, but that is cool....I see Chris out working him. I like Chris's movement, speed, timing, reflexes to out point Toney's energy conservation, more fundamentally sound defensive skills....

Chris 115-113 for me!
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top