View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495
Default Post your P4P list based on TALENT alone

So apparently for Ring Magazine, resume and actual battle proven skills against top opposition counts for **** all if a fighter wants to get in the P4P list nowadays, (most important list for a fighter business wise). Talent, potential and skills (even if they're untested) are the most important assets

So perhaps a new P4P list should be made, with only talented guys with impressive skills on it, even if their resumes are still poor, shitty or plain nonexistant

I'll start with mine, I tried to balance out the perceived talent of each fighter with whatever resume they could have at this point

1. Floyd Mayweather. No explanation needed

2. Andre Ward. Stylistic chameleon, SMW kingpin.

3. Yuriorkis Gamboa - a punching machine, beat Salido and some very decent fighters.

4. Guillermo Rigondeaux - master counterpuncher, God of the amateurs. His resume as a pro is atrocious but he has two shiny gold olympic medals and his skills are a beauty to behold, whenever he's not getting knocked down by jabs

5. Adrien Broner
- Very promising fighter, Mayweather wannabe trying to find his own style and personality. Beat the great Antonio DeMarco. According to Ring Magazine this is the spot where he belongs and who am I to question the experts.

6. Nonito Donaire - lethal combination of speed, power and timing. #1 SBW, has dominated top fighters through 4 divisions. He should be ranked higher imo but RING magazine says he is below Broner, so that's why he's here

7. Gennady Golovkin - The most feared man at MW, he hasn't faced a top MW yet, but the way he destroys eurobums is amazing. He punches like a HW and could easily spark HWs according to rumours

8. Saul ¨Canelo¨ Alvarez - undefeated champion with the best resume of any active 22yo. Hasn't faced a top fighter of his own weight class yet, but his power and offensive arsenal are remarkable. One the best combination punchers in the game

9. Gary Rusell Jr - speed demon, fastest hands since Macho Camacho. Needs to fight a live body yet.

10. Vasyl Lomachenko - Olympic star. Hasn't debuted in the pros yet but according to boxing fans he's like the new, improved version of prime Roy Jones so might as well place him on the list already
locard is offline  Top