View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 02:15 AM   #43
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Joe Louis Vs. Larry Holmes, Someome is gettin KO'd for sure.

[quote=PhillyPhan69;14389076]You are entitled to your opinion....you have not necesarily presented it real well in explaining why though? Joe could feasibly KO Holmes, the man is the best finnishe HW in history IMHO....But I believe it is more likely that holmes will navigate those trouble areas by keeping Louis off balance just enough to avoid them....Controlling some of the tempo w/ his jab, and dictating the range for good portions during the fight. Holmes probably has as good of a chance or better to stop Louis (as much as I hate to say it)...Holmes would captilize on anything not corrected from Schmeling I, but Louis's under rated footwork, and brilliant use of feints in closing the distance dictated by Holmes jab should be enough to discourage holmes from going all out....

Your scenerio is plausible to me only if!!!!!! Louis rocks Holmes, and Holmes who had a tendancy from time to time to engage in heavier exchange (when he would have been better suited tom out box his opponent)....then your scenerio would come to fruition...and I would still be at a loss to tell you who would come out of it worse for the wear....

It is possible, again I just don't find it to be among the most likely scenerios....

I will take Louis 9-6 over 15.[/quote

You just dont see a KO happening.
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top