View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #99
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933
Default Re: Barry McGuigan - I've had enough of you.

I don't want to weigh in on any points except heat exhaustion.
I'm Irish. I have white skin and I have suffered from heat exhaustion while abroad.
I suffered heat exhaustion hiking a mountain in venezuela. I have been to texas and never been able to stay out doors for more then 5 minutes (doing absolutely nothing). I have been to spain, South East Asia and Australia and suffered badly in the natural climate there. I am ok when I am in air conditioned rooms but not when outside. I do box white collar and I am very fit and was very fit when I was in Venezuela.
Also, If you look at other Irish sports teams, they are known for performing poorly in the heat.

I could give you examples like the Irish soccer team in Orlando USA world Cup 1994 who pleaded with FIFA officials to change the location during out door training sessions while trying to adjust.

If you don't think the southwestern desert heat effected McGuigan than I think you don't understand what is like to be a white skinned Irish man. Just saying.
Trust me, we don't adop well to it. There is a reason we get skin burned so easily.
paddymickey is offline  Top