Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #447
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheMan;14391179[QUOTE
]It is enough. If you happen to be stupid enough to believe that DM wanted all the income from the fight for himself.
Bat, you can believe whatever you want to believe. We've been through this a thousand times.

Look at Zod's links from post 78 of this thread.

Read them carefully, then look at DM'S resume. It's crystal clear to me, that Kohl and DM didn not want that fight.

Quote:
Too ****ing funny.
It's funny, you trying to make a case that he wanted it, when Kohl wouldn't negotiate, arrange a double header, and then had DM fight Hall twice and Harmon, after Roy had toyed with them.

Quote:
And Jones wanted 12M to fight DM BTW. A completely ridiculous sum that would only have been available to him if he fought Tyson. Some could argue that craving such an exorbitant amount of money is the same as saying: I don't want none.
Read the above paragraph from the full interview, just before Roy said that. He was clearly frustrated and knew they wouldn't pay him that amount. Go and read the full interview, and then decide for yourself. He had no intentions of going to Germany, and he wasn't stupid, he knew they weren't going to pay him that. It was clearly said in a frustrated tone, out of anger, because nothing was happening at the time. Everybody wanted the fight, and Kohl wouldn't even start the ball rolling with an offer.

I'll put the interview back up if you want.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is online now  Top