Old 12-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #527
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 210
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
The hardest task for Joe was making weight a t SMW, when he moved up , training got easier, he felt better.. He was at his prime and was throwing record high punches in the latter half of his career. He could of carried on but packed up cos the competition got stiffer.
You just got owned something cruel.
How was the competition to get stiffer? Dawson lost to Pascal, Tarver was easily handled by Hopkins who Calzaghe beat. Who else was there? Nobody.
Thats owned boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
So Bailey,are you still trying to argue that a retired SMW like Collins would have added to Jones legacy?
You bet, you still didnt answer my example to it.
Why are Wards team calling out 40 year old, 4 years retired Calzaghe, when they could have fought a unification with Bute? You know why!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
I'm not stalling at all. I'm just wondering why you're asking out of the blue, and why you're asking in a certain tone>

Why would I claim to be from Sheffield?

I'm from Intake, and I also used to live in Dronfield for a while. Why do you want to know?
Took you a long time to find the answer Loudon.
Tell me which fighters who werent world champs from back in the 90s that you can recall, who came from Sheffield.
Quick answer, not a long search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post

Wow Failey your really treading water here ..Jones was never given anything ,and seems your the only one that's fooled by titles .Since when did the WBO account for anything ? It never did ! And Jones won those belts in the ring against fighters DM refused to fight ! You really need to stick to Calzaghe topics !Your boxing Rec knowledge has failed you here !
Fighters that DM refused to fight. Like who? Rocchigiani, oh no that was Jones , who didnt want to fight the Rocch or DM
bailey is offline  Top