View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #47
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: I thought punching power could not be improved at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post

What have I personally got to do with the facts that I'm talking about? And how on earth are you going to be able to judge power from me hitting a bag?

Probably because they spent time in the weight room instead of perfecting their technique. Weights aren't going to make you punch hard on their own, you need to know how to punch first. Obviously.
Power also has a lot to do with strength to weight ratio, if you're building a lot of muscle you're going to decrease your punching power. You can be a great puncher without weights but that same guy could be a better puncher with some intelligent, periodised weight training that doesn't get in the way of his boxing training and doesn't make him put on too much mass.
P.S. 1000lbs on the three lifts isn't anywhere close to being bragworthy unless you weigh under 150.
If you're talking all this shit about you being a big time puncher, show me something.

Until then, you're full of shit.

Man, the first day I stepped in the gym, I was the hardest puncher in the gym, save for the heavyweights.

I didn't know any damn technique. I could just punch.

So how the **** you explain that? It was just coincidental that I lifted weights. And again, you say my lifts aren't shit, but show me you lifting.

All you do is talk. Talk talk talk, but you don't ever show anybody anything.

When I was in the military, I did a weightlifting competition, and I was #2 PFP in strength, and #4 overall in the competition.

The #1 guy was a former college running back.

See, you talk, talk talk, but put up you hitting a bag. I want to see this shit.

I'm telling you, I've seen guys that were small, but lifted some heavy weight, yet the coach called them mosiquito bite punchers. They couldn't hurt shit.

There were two guys I knew who fit this description, and they went on to MMA.

But while I lifed weights, I don't believe it necessarily contributed much to my power. A guy that was long and lean, and maybe 10 or 15 lbs heavier was harder puncher than me, and he didn't lift a weight in his life.

He hit me so hard one time, my ankles spun. He had that Pacquaio type power.

Granted, I never walked into his punch, but my point stand, dude didn't lift weights.

Anotehr guy about 10 lbs lighter, could punch almost as hard, and he didn't lift weights.

But you lift all these ****in weights, so put up a video of you punching the bag.

You the shit right?

So let's see this shit. I want to see you beat the **** outta the bag.
ROACH is offline  Top