Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121
Default Re: I'll explain in DETAILS why PAC would never beat JMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan_fan View Post
@ Bogotazo

Nice analysis bro but Manny rarely moves to the right. And when Manny goes to the right he immediately goes back to the left, which only destroys the purpose capitalizing on it. C'mon, we all know that Manny has been entirely moving to JMM's strong spot. He should have adjusted to the right more frequently. I watched all 4 videos and I didn't see JMM doing good move whenever Manny is positioned to the right (not yet at least)
I disagree. Manny doesn't naturally move that way all the time. He always tries to step rightward when throwing, he's done it to pretty much all of his opponents. It's just that as a matador, JMM takes away the angle by anticipating and stepping leftwards before Manny gets to him. You watched all four fights and didn't see JMM pivot and spin as Manny comes in?

Any time a fighter throws without stepping to Manny's left, like Cotto and JMM whenever they stepped in straight with their jab, Manny takes advantage and steps rightward to get the angle for his left.

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4b37a32d.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak Boxer View Post
Pac does have a nasty habit of moving to his left, but he likes to fight that way. You don't necessarily have to move to your right to take away the right hand. It's a trick pacquiao uses moving that way to bait your right hand, then he pivots farther over to the side and comes back with his own left hand / combination. Check out the Margarito fight and he does it all night.

Here's a gif:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1571/margpac2.gif

See how he baits the right hand in and counters.

Pac tends to move to his right more when he's got a more stationary or forward moving opponent. He's great a shifting / turning them, and keeping them off balance - as he did to De La Hoya, Cotto, Margarito, etc.

To the topic - I don't agree that he cant ever beat Marquez that's silly. He already did - multiple times even, depending on who you talk to. And he was clearly winning this last one until he got caught. Marquez does have his number, and he's a nightmare for Pac stylistically ; but he doesn't always beat him. If he it were that way, these guys wouldn't make for such a great fight.
Walking a fighter into the left by going all the way to their right is another way to catch an opponent; the right isn't really at an angle to come out with any power. The opposite is true for the reverse situation and a right hand, obviously.

I remember Roach saying sometime after the move to 147 or 140 that Manny hopped to the left and tapped him on the shoulder, and a lightbulb went off, so they started incorporating attacking from both sides more often.
Bogotazo is offline  Top