View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #28
Paup snith
P4P most avoided champ
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: What makes you jizz? A 12 round boxing masterclass or a straight blowout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
Definitely mate

There are differing views on "masterclass" though.

Calzaghe dominated Lacy and put on a masterclass of skills, footwork, technique etc. By the end he was just laughing in his face and unloading at will, it was amazing to watch.

Bellew against McKenzie 2 wasn't a master class. I think Tony boxed clever and did the right thing but it wasn't exciting to view. Similarly you could say Wlad put on a bit of a masterclass against Haye but I was bored stiff and he was never in any danger of actually exciting anyone throughout the whole fight despite being dominant.
Absolutely. I was bored off my tits watching bellew v mckenzie, but understood totally why he boxed like that, and appreciated the skill i was seeing to a certain extent.
I like Calzaghe because of his boxing brain and adjustments he could make mid fight to swing things in his favour, like he did v Kessler most notably. Calzaghe is a perfect example for me of someone who could make a 12 round fight enetertaining without neccesarily having one punch KO power at the higher level.
Don't get me started on the heavyweights!! ****ing boring ****ers these days mate
Paup snith is offline  Top