View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #138
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Canelo vs Mayweather? Official?

What I figured on prior to this 'news' yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos de Hierro
Guerrero, because Alvarez will be in September.

Saul needs just a little more bolstering, and he'll get it by beating down Cotto, likely on the undercard the same night. That sets the stage nicely for them to make an absolute killing on what'll be billed as a Mega Fight. In terms of hype.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos de Hierro View Post
You think so? Richard saying they wouldn't rule Cotto out as an opponent immediately after he lost to Trout indicates to me that: He's fighting Cotto. Also made comments about how Trout hadn't "earned it". Losing a decision to Money in a PPV that could do 1.8 on a mexican holiday isn't nearly as 'damaging' as the chance of dropping one to an unknown in (Freshwater) Trout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos de Hierro View Post
It definitely should be Trout, and eventually Canelo will be in against top opposition just about every time out. I think they've been carefully nursing this fight (Floyd-Canelo) for a while now and want it to hit at it's hottest point with both of their 0's intact. It isn't as if Alvarez can't beat Trout either, but I think they make him wait.

That's a damn good point (re: Cotto-Saul) but perhaps after two convincing Cotto losses, it's now best served being billed as the co-feature of Floyd-Guerrero.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top