JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: All I hear is that Pac was dominating the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzero View Post
First of all no it wasn't domination

at the time of the stoppage pac was either ahead by a point, all tied up, or a point for marquez depending on who you scored the 1st round for

yes pacquiao was winning the 6th round

but I believe that marquez really was never trying to win any rounds, I think his plan was to go for broke since the start. Either to land a big shot and force a tko ( I don't think even he expected a full blown k.o) or have some knockdowns to make up for the rounds he was losing.

Marquez looked slow, threw his shots hard and with reckless abandonment at times, and just didn't throw the combos we're accustomed to
Manny didn't dominate every round, but he did win 3 or 4 rounds clearly. Aside from the 3rd and 6th rounds a very strong case can be made that Pac won the other 4 rounds clearly based on "effective aggression". It's supported by Pac landing his shots more accurately than the offense Juan was able to produce. It's also supported by the amount of damage Pac inflicted on Juan even though his one counter right hand was the only punch that really mattered at the end of the day.

Juan was setting Pac up..he had been from the very beginning. He threw that same counter a bunch of times over the 6 rounds. Most of them missed becuase Manny was expecting it.

Pac had such success in round 5 and most of round 6 that he made a fatal mistake in charging in behind the left jab from a little too far out, giving Juan the time and space needed to land that counter.

It was a chess match where Pac had more pieces on the board, but Juan's King was all he needed to produce an emphatic, check mate.
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top