Old 12-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #62
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685
Default Re: Jeffries Admits Munroe Did Not Merit Title Chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Who said it was a fix? Do you have any names? The new reports say it was an action fight with heavy punches landed. McCoy was a good fighter, with wins over name heavies.

According to the ref, it was a bit of both. We know you are not fair minded on this and other topics is not your bag. The important Corbett match for Jeffries was the first fight. Corbett was in top shape, 33, and his own people consider it his best ring effort.
It is an interesting thought though. McCoy was clearly the leading contender around the time of McCoy - Corbett, it seems. Quite clearly, imo.

This win, pretty much does legitimise the Corbett Jeffries II fight if it is on the level, especially after Corbett Jeffries I. In fact, it may even be one of Corbett's best wins, quality of opponent wise. Though i suppose that Others might point to the delay between this fight and the Jeffries corbett, but i must admit, i am not that big on fighters losing their status due to inactivity, like others are. I think status needs to be earned by beating others with status.

Of course, if it is a fake, what does this mean? Should McCoy really keep the no 1 status in light of a fake loss. Is there enough evidence to call it a fake. How bad would a Jeffries McCoy fight look if it had been taken after a corbett loss?
Boilermaker is offline  Top