View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #1339
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The all things technical thread.

I know the game plan David Haye was trying to implement, it was to dance around and then occasionally ambush. With David Haye's strengths and weaknesses..? It was a very safe game plan for him, very safe, and the completely obvious one!

Even though David Haye is pretty much the same size as Holyfield & Tyson he does not have their true heavyweight strength or durability, this is why he always users these ambush tactics at heavyweight!

Before the fight....

Barry McGugain, was the only guy stating that..? David Haye should stand his ground, and when i watch this fight over and over again! I totally agree with Barry McGugain.

And i also disagree, i think David Haye could match or out jab Wladimir Kiltschko, or at-least make a impression with it. Too many fighters get intimidated by reach, its not just about reach.

Mike Tyson out jabbed, Tony Tucker for 12 rounds!

If you look back to the David Haye vs Audley Harrison fight..? Audley Harrison was another 6"6 and had a even bigger reach than Wladimir Kiltscko.

David Haye came out and stood his ground, he did not stalk Audley Harrison! But he stood his ground!

If David Haye would of fought the same fight he did against Wladimir Kiltscko, against Audley Harrison..? I doubt, he would of stopped Audley Harrison! and Harrison would of gained confidence and started throwing more jabs, and more shots.

I doubt David Haye will use them ambush tactics again, if he faces Wladimir Kiltschko.

They may work against bigger slower heavyweights.

But not big heavyweights, who are also very athletic! and have immense speed! Like Wladimir Kiltschko.

And if it means A heightened risks of being caught with big shots..? Thats the risk he has to take.

But if David Haye ever faces Vitaili Kilschko, he will adopt these ambush tactics. Because Haye's speed advantage is substantial! against Wladimir Kilschko, his speed advantage is not that substantial!

Plus! With Wladimir Kiltschko's height and reach, this further more nullifies David Haye's speed.

Note: Adam Booth & David Haye both underrated Wladimir Kiltschko speed, and athleticism.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top