Old 12-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #64
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jeffries Admits Munroe Did Not Merit Title Chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
It is an interesting thought though. McCoy was clearly the leading contender around the time of McCoy - Corbett, it seems. Quite clearly, imo.

This win, pretty much does legitimise the Corbett Jeffries II fight if it is on the level, especially after Corbett Jeffries I. In fact, it may even be one of Corbett's best wins, quality of opponent wise. Though i suppose that Others might point to the delay between this fight and the Jeffries corbett, but i must admit, i am not that big on fighters losing their status due to inactivity, like others are. I think status needs to be earned by beating others with status.

Of course, if it is a fake, what does this mean? Should McCoy really keep the no 1 status in light of a fake loss. Is there enough evidence to call it a fake. How bad would a Jeffries McCoy fight look if it had been taken after a corbett loss?

Pollack believes the fight was legit, either way ,I don't think its that important really.

For arguments sake, let's say it was on the up and up, it's still three years before Corbett fought Jeffries with no fight in between.That makes it ONE win for Corbett in nine and a half years.
We have a three years retired ex champion who is a month off thirty seven years old, challenging a prime active champ, nearly ten years his junior ,who has a twenty seven pounds weight advantage over him.
given these disadvantages, what sort of an fight would you expect him to put up?

As it was it took Jeffries ten rounds to finish him.
mcvey is online now  Top