View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #400
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
Why? I'm here to learn. I never understood the difference in different curls, they all feel the same :/ I did hammer curls and barbell curls as well, for the girls.
They are the same really, hence why "concentration curls" are pointless. Just do normal curls.

Sitting down and concentrating on slowly lifting the weight up does nothing special. If you feel slower tempo works better for you do standard curls at a slower tempo.

There's loads of ideas on what the different curls do. Close grip works the outer side of the biceps, wide grip the inner. Half reps work the peak of the biceps which makes sense seeing all these guys using a stupid amount of weight doing half reps yet they have fairly large biceps. Full range of motion works the muscle under your biceps making them look fuller. All of these I've seen posted by different people.

Some may be true, others complete bullshit. As ever try everything, something different every time you do curls until you find what's most effective for you. Wide grip, close grip, palms facing outwards, partial reps, full reps, heavy weight, light weight, slow tempo, fast tempo, dumbbells, barbells, kettle bells, high reps, low reps, cables, bands, chains, try everything. There's hundreds of combinations you can try from that list I made.

Last edited by viru§™; 12-15-2012 at 12:05 PM.
viru§™ is offline  Top