Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #654
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypaysbills View Post
I think you're stupid to disregard SMW completely just to ensure no-one can praise Calzaghe.

Especially considering that it has been one of the best weight classes since the mid to late 90's.

Calzaghe is a great fighter no matter how much you want to deny it.

I've never understood this sort of approach either - Some great wins have been recorded in new divisions, like Aaron Pryor beating Arguello, Hearns beating Benitez, Jones beating Toney and so on in the 140, 154 and 168 divisions. But I'm guessing these wins hold less historical worth because it doesn't suit someone's agenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Look at the two Dumptys having an E**** over
Groves and talking **** about the No.1.
Bore off Popkins/Kitikasem, you're tedious act grew tired long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypaysbills View Post
I have to agree with you, and while people can say Froch beat Bute, can anyone honestly say that if Bute turned up properly he isn't a much worse match up for Ward then the rather more one dimensional Froch. Ward's power is below average at best so would not hurt Bute as much as Bute's known to have good power while Ward was put on his **** by D.Boone.

As for drained Dawson and Pavlik look at it like this, Dawson has no 168 and was proven to have a glass jaw and heart when in weight drained zombie mode, and what has Pavlik ever done above middleweight?

I agree with you about respecting Ward for taking on Groves. My respect for Bute skyrocketed when I heard he was going to Nottingham. Even after the hilarious defeat I still respect him more than pre-froch. At least Bute has some *******s. When is going to step up his game back to the S6 level and even that was angled in his favour to begin with.

Fantastic to chat with an esteemed poster like yourself

Thanks for the response mate. Styles make fights, triangle theory doesn't always work - Ward UD Froch - Froch TKO5 Bute doesn't necessarily mean Ward beats Bute. I mean, Ward fought once all year, why not take on Bute? That was a legit challenge, instead we got Ward vs Zombie glass Jawson

Yeah Bute showed a lot of courage and heart against Froch, the fact he went out on his shield shows he's a warrior. He also showed a lot of class in defeat. I hope he can recover and I hope he avoids the rematch with Froch, as he'll get destroyed again.

We could see a repeat with Ward-Groves, where the fans demand Ward face a top up and comer and Ward may opt out of that fight. I'm not saying he will, I'm just speculating based on what happened with Bute. I mean 168 and Pavlik since the S6 is a real disappointment for me and the rest of the fans.

I think Degale looked good in his last fight, I think he will fight for a world title in the next 18 months, he's still rough around the edges but his talent is obvious to see
knockout artist is offline  Top