View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 02:32 AM   #159
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Burns is 30 and wants a tune up before he fights Broner plus he wants a lot of $$

I dont think Burns has a problem with fighting anyone but because of FW we will never see this fight. Broner has 2 more fights at LW I'm guessing.....Burns turned down the Feb fight I doubt he'll get the call for Broners last one at LW now. Shame, after LW Broner will be going to 140 and onto bigger names like Rios/Garcia etc... Burns will have to move up in weight and get some big wins of his own to ever get another Broner fight offered and that'll be at least a couple years away at which time Burns might be past it and not able to beat the type of fighters he'd need to to get a big fight. I think team Burns ****ed up their chance at fame and glory and their biggest career payday, was it worth it? Maybe for his promoter and for his pocket if he can keep getting paid vs no hopers but I think Burns is a classy guy about legacy and he's gonna look back and say **** why didn't I take my one chance on the big stage. There's a good chance he might never get another shot at fame and glory in the boxing world and he's the only one that it will effect in the end, poor guy with FW.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top