Old 12-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #42
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: the method

Quote:
Originally Posted by atigerofold View Post
SWINGIN SAID: i was left handed that fought orthadox. my trainer didnt like 'paw paws'....i believe he made the wrong decision in me going orthadox.....no matter.
.................................................................................................... ..................

What you said here Swingin has always bewildered me....

Why ARE right handers made to shape up and lead with their left hand.....and visa versa
for those poor ole paw paws.....who thought this through, or who guided this dominant approach to boxing?

(Well maybe to answer myself..perhaps the science behind the shaping up, is valid.....perhaps a long time ago, the ability to catch punches with your stronger hand was a recognised beneficial method that was duly applied to the sport of boxing........and the right hand held more far off than the left, with all its power, was put back that far so that it might never hit you, with you seeing it coming, and then defusing the power of the right hand by ducking or catching it......Boy ! who ever invented this rule or dominant shape up code was brilliant...he must have been noble man....or the marques of queensbury maybe ??)
i had it explained to me that 'it was like throwing a rock'. your best hand and leg go back to deliver the most power.
swingin is offline  Top