Old 12-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #712
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
First, I'm not going to say Ward ducked Bute because I dont think he did. That said, I do have some questions.

Giving Andre Ward the benefit of the doubt and saying that he was legitimately out for a year with an injury - it happens and we have no reason to assume that it wasn't a legitimate injury - why did Ward, almost the second Bute signed his two fight deal with Froch, go out of his way to say Bute had never attempted to arrange a fight him in the first place?

Why did Ward go public and say that he was dissapointed that Bute was fighting Froch after previously saying Bute had to beat a better class opposition to get a fight with Ward?

Why did Ward act as if Bute/Ward was there to be made if he was out injured at the time and then complain that Bute was facing the second best guy in the division when the best was unavailable because of an injury?
Because Ward expected the fight would be made, but Bute went and signed a two fight deal with Froch , eliminating any chance of a Ward/Bute fight. Bute did this, not Ward. The facts are out there for a child to understand.
Bute wanted a big name and they jumped on Froch after seeing him get dismantled by Ward. They immediately signed a two fight deal straight after the Super6 was over.
dinovelvet is offline  Top