View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: WSB (World Series of Boxing) - Season 3

Did AIBA Lie to the World Series of Boxing Fighters?
http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-bo...oxing-fighters
Quote:
Before the fight, Torres was informed by the promotional firm that according to FightFax.com, the record keeping standard for boxing, had his record at 3-6. The fights listed were all fights under the WSB banner.

While he ended up fighting on the card and stopping his opponent in one round, Torres had to suffer the humiliation of being announced as 3-6 instead of his 1-0. Suddenly, he went from every promoter’s dream, a Mexican heavyweight who can be marketed, to arguably the most important demographic in boxing to a fighter with an opponent’s record.

“I’m back to step one,” said Torres. “All I’ll say is things changed.”

What’s even worse is that Javier Torres is not alone. The WSB employed well over a 100 fighters. Roughly 60 of those fighters are competing in the Olympics this year. To clarify what this means for promoters and managers looking to sign fresh talent out of this graduating class of amateurs is very simple: because of the WSB’s apparent failure to secure an agreement with the Association of Boxing Commissions (ABC), a large portion of the amateur boxing’s top talent has been tainted. Anyone hoping to promote a signee as an undefeated prospect will not be able to do so unless some sort of agreement can be reached. And the fighters, all of whom were quality enough to compete neck and neck with top international talent are now stuck trying to explain that the losses they suffered are not supposed to count in the pro ranks. The possibility that some of the losses suffered were the results of home biased scoring is also very real.
this was written n august i think not sure if it has been fixed
pong is offline  Top