Old 12-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #726
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Ward fan or not ,everybody who is a boxing fan was watching that fight.
I'm sure you appreciate it's not easy to be up at 4:30am for the sake of watching a fight! I've done it a handful of times all year, I generally catch them on youtube in the morning. It was a shame Dawson killed himself making weight, to the point where he had nothing to offer

Quote:
I remember no scheduled date of a Ward/Direll fight before Dawson called him out . Provide the proof of this.

I'm not sure there was a scheduled date, but Dirrell was definitely the mandatory

Quote:
"This is Andre Ward's time, and I don't want to take anything away from him. But when the time comes, then it comes. I'm his WBC mandatory, and we want our shot at the world title," Dirrell told RingTV.com.

"I'm the mandatory for the WBC, and I want my shot. It's as simple as that. If Andre's got it, then I want my shot. He needs to either give me my shot or vacate it, because I want it."

Ward, for his part, did not discount Dirrell's position in the mix.

"I know that Anthony is the mandatory, and we just have to sit down and see. You know, I've been there. When I beat Edison Miranda, I think that I was the No. 1 for Carl Froch's belt. And then something happened and they switched it," said Ward, who earned $900,000 against Froch's $600,000.
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...nthony-dirrell

Perhaps Ward would have vacated I'm not sure? But Ward not fighting for 9 months, was entirely his own choice. The hand injury was given the all clear in February
knockout artist is offline  Top