Old 12-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #757
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Kessler is what now 3 x champ ? All that double vision crap came after Ward .

And exposed by whom?

Froch has done more in 2yrs than Bute has as IBF champ ! Look who he's fought since capturing the title .You want to discredit Froch's win but compared what Bute has done since winning the belt back in 07 Froch's resume trumps most if not all of Bute's wins !

The only reason Bute was an undefeated world champ was he kept fighting stiff after stiff similar to his idol .Ward fought much better comp in less time than Lucian has been champ same as Froch yet Bute because he was nothing more than a belt holder and undefeated yet didnt have the resume of the 2 guys mentioned was more dangerous ?

I get it the undefeated record supercedes the quality and caliber of opponents .That would have been Wards biggest win ,yeah ok shit you still don't give credit to Froch for beating him yet you would have gave it too Ward ..The Dawson win was a bigger one than Bute !

Come on Imperial, if Ward had fought and beaten Bute after the S6 that would be regarded as a massive win. It's easy to look back in hindsight, but you have to agree that would have been an excellent win for Ward

It's currently Froch's best win and it was a great one, and a great night for British boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Thats right you said he ducked Bute ..My mistake .

Call it a duck or whatever you want, I'm just pointing out that Ward stayed away from Bute at that time, and I'm right
knockout artist is offline  Top