Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #762
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
You want to hear the same argument over and over. You are in full denial you twisted sack of shit.

Great film Loudon. Whats your take on this situation?
Yeah I love Shane Meadows.

I don't really want to get involved, I've got my hands full with the Danish Bailey - Bat the Man. I'm going to start calling him Dailey.

Knockout showed me those links the other month, and I'd not seen them before, and I thought they were very interesting.

My take on it is this.

I think when Andre finished the Super Six, I think he wanted to take a break. I think he would have been willing to have fought Bute, but not at that point. I think he wanted a rest, and an easy fight or two after the tournament.

I think he earned that right. I think it's harsh to criticise him for the Pavlik fight, because he deserves a fight like that. Even if he hadn't have injured his hand, he still wouldn't have wanted to have fought Bute at that point, in my opinion. But I don't call it a duck, as in the sense that he was scared to face him.

I think he wanted a break, and I think he wanted to build up the fight like what was mentioned in your links. It's only my opinion, but I think Andre, as well as myself and a lot of other people, thought that Bute would still be the champ a year down the line, and the fight could be made then. I don't think Andre expected Carl to come in and destroy him like that.

So even if Andre's hand hadn't have been hurt, I think he'd have been happy to take a step back for a while. But like I say, I don't call it a duck. I would guess that Andre's a little frustrated that they didn't fight though, because after he's easily beat Carl with an injured hand, unifying the division doesn't seem as important as what it was when Bute was the other belt holder.

I think Andre watched Carl beat him, and thought to himself, I could have done that. I also think that when he came out and said he wanted the Bute fight, after Froch and Bute had been signed, that he only half heartedly meant it. I think he did genuinely want to fight Bute, and he would have done, but not at that point.

The longer they'd have gone without fighting, the bigger the fight would have been. I think Carl threw a spanner in the works. But like I say, even without the injury, I think he'd have fought Dawson and Pavlik anyway. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I think he maybe regrets now not pushing for the fight, after seeing what Carl did, but I think at the time, he did the right thing, and he had the right to do whatever he thought was for the best.

So to summarise, I don't think Andre really wanted Bute, but he certainly didn't duck him, and I think he'd definitely have been looking for a big unification fight with him at some point next year.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top