Old 12-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #72
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs James Toney @ 190 Catchweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnxhands View Post
Toney soaked up shots from fighters that outweigh Jack by 60 pounds. Massive punchers that hit harder than Dempsey. Enough said. You really think Jack has the concussive heavy handed power of rahman or sam peter? You're the one overrating dempsey here. He could win with speed an activity an that's even a maybe, but I would favor him. Knock toney out? Right okay... Dempsey never fought anyone as skilled as toney.
Firstly, Toney wasn't 190 pounds when he fought Rahman and Peter. He was pumped full of steroids, and weighed almost as much as they did.

Secondly, Rahman and Peter were heavy-handed. But it's sharp accurate power and combination punching that often results in knock-outs. I think you can probably count the amount of genuine ranked contender fighters who Sam and Hasim stopped between them on the fingers of one hand.

I've explained why I think Dempsey could stop Toney. My critique of Toney's style is valid. I think a cruiser Holyfield would stop Toney too. Toney's style wouldn't work well against those fighters.
Unforgiven is offline  Top