Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #39
Manila
Temporarily Unbanned
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: How does your current P4P top 10 look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Am I the only guy who has Georges as a clear number one then?
The top 3 writes itself, but for me GSP is the consummate Mixed Martial Artist. I guess he's taking a bit of flak due to his finish rate, but his resume shits on every one else in MMA. Talent wise maybe Anderson takes it, but GSP and Jones fight better guys more regularly,
I wouldn't really argue with someone who has GSP as #1, it's a perfectly valid call as I see it. I personally rank Anderson higher for the following reasons:

- Anderson's last 3 fights before Bonnar were ridiculously impressive for me. A once-in-a-lifetime KO of world-class Vitor Belfort (who had NEVER been finished like that in his long, long career), a humiliating beatdown and finish of a genuine top 5 fighter in Okami, and the revenge TKO of the undisputed #1 contender Chael Sonnen where he showed good TDD in that 2nd round and then seemed to take Sonnen's soul, turning him bitchlike. To me, this is more form deserving of the p4p#1 position than either wrestling or jabbing your way to dominant decisions. GSP is incredible, but Anderson has been spectacularly finishing top guys, and this is so important (imo)

- Anderson has effectively been undefeated since Dec 2004, he is undefeated in the UFC, undefeated in title fights, holds all the records for consecutive runs, while GSP was knocked out by Matt Serra in the UFC, and so his run of dominance is shorter and far less emphatic. If Anderson had been KO'd by someone of that calibre early on, say Marquardt or Leben, I'd probably have GSP higher now, their respective runs is a factor to take into account (not the most important one, but not to disregarded completely)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
and if size wasnt a factor Id favour both to beat him as they are the most effective wrasslers in the business.

Isnt that what P4P is all about?
No, that isn't what I take it to be at all. JMHO.

But if Anderson and GSP do fight at a catchweight they are both comfortable at, I'd say Anderson executes GSP in savage fashion.
Manila is offline  Top