View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: if they were all at their peak.

Like it Bob

To elaborate ...................

Have Velasquez and Cormier agreed they will fight? they are under the same roof you know that right? dos Santos, he is a real handful, and can only get better, i do have a lot of love for Velasquez but i feel dos Santos has got his number, we will see! but i also believe Velasquez only needs that one single TD and then the pain begins, his top game and striking ability in that position is absolutely second to none, he's so agile and explosive its almost impossible to look for anything on the bottom other than self protection, his stand up is not too shabby either, dos Santos however is a long armed animal who can actually box to a very high standard, he's physically gifted, long reach which is difficult to negate, unbelievable movement, his range control is something to behold, and punch selection is near perfect, considering he doesnt throw kicks he has to be the most effective "one dimensional" champion in history

Jon Jones - you and i have a diferent view on what this guy can achieve at HW, because without his wrestling im afraid he's done at that weight, and there's some pretty good wrestlers up there buddy!

Can Jones dominate HW, IMHO NO! can he beat a good HW - YES!

In short as long as JDS and Velasquez are up there i don't believe Jones will ever be a champion! and Cormier would probably dominate him (at this moment) as well, lets not put aside the fact Jones has absolutely no JJ, or well ill re-phrase that, in comparison to some top grapplers he's lacking (to put it mildly) which brings into play people like Werdum etc.
thewinfella is offline  Top