View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #91
atigerofold
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the method - johnny famechon

I was talking about timing, in throwing a punch....timing is often difficult, you certainly have to wait, and hope that the opponent will repeat an

action, that you can capitalise on. This timing factor relates to nearly all counter punching.......I think a punch that my dad taught us, has faded

into obscurity.....I think the last champion that threw this punch and combination was Lionel Rose......the punch I am talking about is a timed left

rip (often followed by a left hook, then right cross)...the attacking boxer must wait until the opponent throws a left jab......the target is his

diaphram and you will hit hard and temporarily bury your left rip there as you slip or brush away with your right glove, the opponent's left

jab....(the hop up begins precisely, and instantainious as the opponent's left lead is launched...the rapid step or hop up to the punching zone

begins, and you must get your left (leading foot) just inside of the opponent's left foot (only talking about two authodox fighters competing here).

You must get your right foot up approx one foot (old measurement) behind the left foot, and the right foot should provide immense leverage to

your left rip - then hook and right cross) The rip must connect sweetly into the abdomen/diaphram area, and then it is rapidly turned into a left

hook; your right hand is still covering your chin, as your torso slighly recoils back, then twists to deliver and complete the left hook....the right

cross comes through explosively to finish the combo, and then a backward retreat to get your wind back, and to assess the damage you have

caused.

This move must be practised hundreds of times, to gain the measure of where you are, and where you have to be; where your feet are is a huge

factor in the success of this move. Two boxers can practise it open handed, rather than destroy each other; the practise is to deliver the footwork

and three punch move in about 2 - 3 seconds. If the feet aren't placed correctly in the first instance, then the boxer should retreat, and try again.

(the feet must be in the precise position to pull this counter combo off....and as with all counter punches, the move you make should not be telecasted.)

PS: I had to get on here today,and write something; everyone here at my place, is watching the cricket, and I would sooner watch paint dry that

watch cricket.
atigerofold is offline  Top
Sponsored Links