View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107
Default Re: How I would advise Robert Guerrero to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Good post Bogo. I'd get Guerrero ready mentally first of all. No fight mattered before, no fight matters after Floyd! This is it! Make him watch nothing, but Castillo-Mayweather I, Duran-Leonard I, Basilio-Robinson I, and Frazier-Ali I. He needs the mindset to know how an elite brawler should and can handle an elite boxer. By first and foremost NOT falling for what the boxer does best, boxing. Even Berto was getting the better of Robert at long range tho Robert would land a straight left on occasion. Give Floyd distance and he'll pick you apart. Robert has to improve on faster footwork to cut the ring off on Floyd. Sure Floyd uses elbow alot, but I think Robert might be the stronger of the 2, Floyd will have a hard time trying to move Robert around he'll be too busy defending. Robert can offset Floyd using alot of mini-feints just to make Floyd open up, but mostly importantly, Guerrero needs to attack and wear down the body as the last rounds will be crucial. He needs to fight mad for 12 rounds and punch nonstop for 12. That he's getting hit theres no doubt about it, but needs to make sure he finishes the exchanges like he did vs Berto.
elchivito is offline  Top