Old 12-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #151
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
No, PK. Guerrero is the better all round fighter and deserves the shot MUCH more. Rios is a little killer against the right style for him and a similar level fighter to himself, but against the elite skilled fighters he would be in over his head. They need to keep putting him in with certain types of opponents to keep giving us fun fights.

He has serious problems with east, west movement. Put a jab in his face with good lateral movement and he looks like he's seen an alien. The first time i realised Rios would have serious problems with movement was when he fought a journeyman, basically a club fighter by the name Omri Lowther, man i couldn't believe how confused Rios looked in the first couple of rounds against such a limited, overmatched opponent, all because of a little west, east movement. Fast forward a few years and he clearly loses to a replacement, hand picked opponent in Richard April in one of the worst robberies of the year.

For whats out there right now. Mayweather/Guerrero is not THAT bad a fight.
I know that Guerrero is better man, i just wanted people to response stating why, to kind of drum my point home. I have watch Rios fight before, and switched off the fight after afew rounds.

I watched his fight against April who is a ok fighter technically..? but is a weak individual.

I have seen nobody criticise Manny Pac for facing Brandon Rios, i am not saying they should..? But its just interesting.

Floyd Mayweather is in a lose/lose situation, no matter who he fights.

Guerrero would probably beat Pacman, joining the list of multiple fighters who i think would beat him down these days.

If Floyd Mayweather fought Bradley he would also be criticised.

Why hasn't nobody called for Manny Pac to fight Alvarez or Martinez..?
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links