View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Ronda Rousey

Quote:
On Wednesday, Esquire.com posted an interview with Rousey where she addressed many subjects including fear & courage, *** with fighters, armbars, and a lot more.

On fighting:

People have been fighting each other for millennia. It's part of human nature. The confusing thing is we now live in a society where it's not illegal to be an asshole, but it's illegal to slap one.

I love fighting. It's preserving something that's real, that I think is trying to be crushed out of society. And I think it's the safest way that we can keep it. People need to hold on to their sanity somehow.

On fear:

People say to me all the time, "You have no fear." I tell them, "No, that's not true. I'm scared all the time. You have to have fear in order to have courage. I'm a courageous person because I'm a scared person

On armbars:

I've been arm-barred. I've been arm-barred and I let my arm be broken, and I didn't tap, and I got out, and I still won that fight. **** 'em. I don't care. An arm bar isn't the end for me. The ligaments in both my elbows are so loose my arms just dislocate sometimes, just randomly. Because I've experienced it, I don't fear it at all. It's the people who haven't been arm-barred who have that fear.

On *** with fighters:

Hell no, I ain't gonna hook up with no fighter. I know these guys. They're like a sewing circle and everyone tells everyone everything.

On transitioning from Judo to MMA:

When I left judo and went into MMA, everyone was saying, "How's she gonna react to getting punched in the face?" And I was thinking, You don't understand. In judo, those girls would punch you straight in the face all the time. They'd pretend to go for a grip and just punch you. Grab you by the collar and hit you over and over again. If you watch the fight I lost at the Olympics, you'll see that girl punched me in the face twenty times. I know what it's like to get punched in the face. At this point, I'm conditioned to ignore it. I don't skip a beat.

For me, MMA is like speed chess. It's like I'm herding a person into a certain position. Say my endgame is an arm bar. I'm not gonna actually take you and put you there. What I'm going to do is convince you that it's a good idea to move in the direction I want you to go. And I'm going to keep on funneling you down until you've been narrowed to the option of tap or not.
Ronda ****ing Rousey.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links