Old 12-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #61
Manila
Temporarily Unbanned
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: How does your current P4P top 10 look

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
I understand but if a fighter hasnt been active for more than a year then he loses his spot but if he comes back in the same fashion he left then he gets his spot back or a step below depending on whats been going on.
Kinda like Floyd when he was gone for more than a year but didnt retire people removed him from their p4p #1/#2 spot but when he came back and proved he could still hang with around at the top then people put him back at p4p #1/#2 spot
That isn't correct I don't think. The Ring didn't remove Floyd from their p4p rankings until he announced his retirement in 2008.

I get that fighters who have been properly inactive for more than a full year and with no fight in sight because of injury/illness/surgery/whatever should be temporarily removed, but that isn't the case with Anderson, so it's irrelevant to this thread. We're at UFC 155 now, and at UFC 153 Anderson Silva looked absolutely magnificent in knocking out a naturally bigger man who had never previously been stopped in a long career.
Manila is offline  Top