Re: DREAM 18/GLORY 4 NYE shaping up nicely!
any predictions for the grand slam tournament folks?
GLORY Grand Slam Tournament:
- Semmy Schilt vs. Brice Guidon (closing on 40years of age, Semmy Schilt is in most ppl. opinion the favorite to win the whole tournament, the Hightower has already won the K1 gp a record 4 times but at his advanced age coupled with the fact that Brice is a talented and dangerous young french HW, sets up for a intriguing fight with a potential for an upset; personally i take Schilt by UD)
- Sergei Kharitonov vs. Rico Verhoeven( Kharitonov is a tough but slow lumbering russian MMA artist whos most dangerous asset are his powerful punches, his defense is pretty much inexistent and has a bad habit of blocking punches with his face.
Havent seen much of Verhoeven but he strikes me as a decision fighter, a volume puncher with not much power in his hands; he's younger, bigger, faster and vastly more technical then Kharitonov. Verhoeven by KO)
- Gokhan Saki vs. Raomoru( Gokhan by whatever and whenever he wants, 3rd best HW right now IMO)
- Anderson "Braddock" Silva vs. Igor Jurkovic( Anderson SIlva surely put up a brave and good effort against a perhaps not at his best Hari earlier this year; Braddock by KO)
- Remy Bonjasky Filip Verlinden( dont think too much of this comeback version of Bonjasky, Verlinden IMO will come with the upset and win via UD)
- Errol Zimmerman Jamal Ben Saddick( The Bonechrushers fights are always entertaining and hard to predict mainly because Zimmerman is a very inconsistent fighter. Although talented and young, he often lets the impression that he doesnt care and he isnt serious about the fight game, but on his good day Zimmerman is as dangerous as any other HW out there. Zimmerman by KO)
- Peter Aerts vs. Mourad Bouzidi (Peter Aerts is a legendary fighter, one of my personal favorites and iMO the greatest HW ever but at 42 years of age and over 130 fights, he's beyond shot.
He's been in the fighting game before some of his opponents where even born, it would be interesting seeing him fighting his sparring partner Bouzidi and it pains me to say this but i take Bouzidi by KO, tho i would love Aerts to prove me wrong once more like he did in the past)
- Daniel Ghita vs. Jhonata Diniz( this really is a no-brainer, Ghita via murder)
I am kinda disappointed that Glory didnt pick up the old K1 Grand Prix format with all the tournament happening in the same night but i guess this new format makes more sense from a financial point of view, having multiple galas and chances to strike longer deals with TV channels and sell more tickets then just a 1 night big show.