Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #30
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
I think JDS has the footwork to operate at range thus not engaging too much in the MT clinch or facing too many knees, kicks or elbows. Should this be a successful strategy then Overeem will fail to live with JDS accurate strikes versus his big bombs that lack a technical approach. However every second is ultra dangerous for both fighters.
Overeem really is a beast with those knees and elbows, I haven't seen a great deal of Dos Santos really (as I said I goes through phases where I watch MMA but I'm not massive on it), I know Dos Santos is meant to have a very strong ground game but it's not exactly his strong point. I just think with the sheer size Overeem has now and the expierience he has from years of training on the ground, and his obvious ability on the stand-up, that he has every aspect of the game covered. Obviously you will have seen much more of the Reem's game than I have but I was watching Pride 31 (I think) on dvd and the way Overeem ****s the guy up with his ground and pound is insane, I think he'd be too strong for Dos Santos, looks like we could have that fight next year at least, I'll be watching that.
iceferg is offline  Top