Old 12-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #116
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale v Mundine II Road to redemption

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
If one was to look at this on paper and from recent bouts the two have had, sure one would say Mundine is going to get his ass handed to him, HOWEVER there is more to it than just looking at it from an armchair expert perspective. Mundine is an exceptional athlete and this is boxing, where anything is possible. If i was you sox i wouldnt count my chickens before they hatch, i can envision you curled up in your armchair bawling your eyes out after Mundine puts on one hell of a display and takes Geales title.
At 38yo, all he has left is EXHIBITIONS. he can display all he likes. but he is nowhere near going to stay the pace with geale....not a chance. all mundine can do is slow the fight.....spit a guard, unfurl a wrap, fake a low blow, wet the corner, hit hard, etc, etc.

but no, mundines time has gone. sturm has toughened geale, and mundine has been fighting few rounds against quality opposition.

fitness is about recovery. you just dont recover at 38 like you do at 31. thats about a 17% recovery percentage difference. fast fight. fast night.
swingin is offline  Top