viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Just to remind you what this thread is about:
'Where does Canelo Alvarez get his tremendous punching power from? When I watch him fight, I can see that he is very flat footed and really rotates every inch of his body when delivering punches, but whenever I do it - I do not get the same result. Is it genetics, technique, physique? If it is a physical factor, then what training does he do or can anyone do to develop huge punching power?'
That was the original question. Nobody responding to you is attempting to answer that particular question. So your point is..?

Quote:
Maybe cos I dont use scientific words you have missed what I have said on the topic of increasing punching power. I to believe you can increase power somewhat through training, but to what extent?
You can't put an exact number on it, that'd be extremely difficult. I'd even go as far to say impossible with all the possible factors. It is you who is asking for an exact measurement of power increase which is what I'm saying is just plain dumb. Nobody has claimed you can add a tremendous amount of power to a punch, that is something you have thrown out there in an attempt to make yourself look right.

Quote:
Juan Diaz, had everything available to him S&C guy, a pretty good trainer, knew how to fight and punched correctly and hit all the right spots, he started as a powderpuff puncher and he retired a powderpuff puncher, no increase at all, so much for that theory.
What theory?

BTW, picking one guy and saying "well he didn't do it!" is very poor. That's it, one guy proves that it's impossible to increase punching power to a decent level? One person is all the data you have? Great study their, mate.

Quote:
As to who I am and who I am managing, that really is not the point, is it.
Just wondering. You keep making these claims about meeting top level guys, managing world class boxers yet you act like a child that doesn't understand basic science and logic. You also argue over little things on Internet forums, things you have absolutely no clue about. It makes no sense as to why somebody at such a level would waste their time.
viru§™ is online now  Top