Old 12-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #49
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Thomas Hearns low stoppage ratio as an amateur improved by technique.

Felix trinidad 12 stoppages in 52 amateur victories.. Becomes a murdeeous puncher as a pro.

Jon Thaxton 3 stoppage wins in his first 12 bouts becomes one of the finest domestic punchers in uk boxing towards the end of his career.

Chris Okoh 6-0 and 1 ko ... Develops technique and goes 8-0 (6) picks up the commonwealth title few years back.

Junior Witter 4 stoppages in first 16 bouts then goes on to KO his next 15 in a row.

Naseem Hamed hardly any stoppages as an amateur stops 23 of his first 25 pro.

If you were as familiar with boxing as you claim to be you would understand that there is actually very little difference in terms of pure power between fighters. You'd know this if you were in the gym where you claim to be. What makes a fighter a good puncher are things such as technique, timing, creativity, disguise, vision, confidence and fitness.

I'm not sure if your real, or a troll but I do find that on forums the people who know most tend to say the least and watch as the idiots who think they are smart scrabble over bread crumbs of confused information. Tick tick tick
Ok, amateur - pro, two different mindsets and training. Pro's use smaller gloves, wrap hands differently, no headgear, they can pick and choose their oppts, in the amateurs you are fighting the toughest guys, guys you wouldn't even consider fighting as a pro, the training for pro's is different, more emphasis is put on body punches, or on being more agressive or whatever. It's basically the same guy but in a different package. Do you as a boxer honestly believe that all of a sudden these guys woke up one day and said, damn I am punching like superman, please.
This won't convince you in fact nothing I can say will convince you. From what I saw on your posted vid's sure you could sit down on your punches a bit more or do this or that, but would that change be that significant? I think not. Go to the gym and work solely on developing power 100% as someone suggested, study body mechanics, and the oral cavity, and see if you can increase your power to any great extent. I gave you an example of a guy, Juan Diaz, but there many many more that you yourself know. There are guys that do all the right things, putting their body behind their punches, punching in combination, doing everything correctly and still they have no pop, tell me why that is?
dempsey1234 is online now  Top