Old 12-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #753
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post
Do you think Johnson threw the fight or quit? He quit,what we know now is that Willard could stand absolutely tremendous punishment. The fight was set up for no one, both fought in the sun.
I don't know, I wasn't around 100 years ago, but the circumstances look strange. Johnson went down in the 26th round! How can you compare that to modern boxing, would Willard have beaten Johnson over 12 or 15 rounds? Regardless, I think it's safe to say Wladimir is greater than Jess Willard. Wladimir is widely considered one of the top 10 or 15 greatest Heavyweights of all time, Jess Willard is a long way off that

Quote:
David Haye,Come on how am I suppose to take you serious when you mention him. He ran like a kid running from the school bully and then he blames his little pinky toe and presents no proof that it was broken. Should have been a comedian.
Toe jokes, how original. Regardless, outside of the brothers, Haye is the best HW of this era (yes I know it's a terrible era). Haye is a counter puncher who fights off the backfoot, that's his style. Did you expect him to go out guns blazing like a prime Mike Tyson or Joe Frazier? Wlad turned in a very impressive performance and probably won 10 rounds of the 12, he boxed to an excellent gameplan, and proved very hard to hit himself as Haye hardly landed his right hand.

Haye would be a solid contender in any era

Quote:
Byrd is nothing special,He got his ass whooped by the only good fighter he fought in his prime,Ibeabuchi.

Prime Chris Byrd is a solid win for any HW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Chris Byrd was a middleweight and Haye barely beat Valuev ... And he still made Wladimir look foolish at times by dodging 4 and 5 punch combos

Wlad himself (or vitali) said that Haye wasnt a real heavyweight ... Hes only interested in making a name for himself and becomming a celebrity ... His conviction and committment to the sport are questionable ...

His talent is unquestionable, and he turns up to every fight in fantastic condition. Furthermore, what HW in history could nail Haye with 4 and 5 consecutive clean punches to the head? Haye's not Ali, but he's elusive and very hard to hit

dyna is spot on by the way
knockout artist is offline  Top