View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #23
MarioBrothers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Cotto vs Marquez at 147: Who wins??

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
If Cotto wants to drop back down to 147 lbs, Marquez and Heredia before the Pacquiao KO mentioned Cotto as a possible opponent for Marquez.

Mexico vs Puerto Rico. I'm sure Cotto would see this as a winnable fight for himself thinking he's bigger than Marquez.

Cotto is bigger, but he's not smarter. Has nowhere near the skillset of Marquez, and the most important thing to me in this matchup at 147 lbs, Cotto does'nt have near the stamina Marquez has if the opportunity came to him to eek out a fight.

Marquez imo stops Cotto late if this fight takes place in 2013!
Many are saying prime cotto would win easy, but I don't buy it so I should ask the biggest marquez fan on here which is you what do you think if its the cotto a few years ago at welter? I am not establishing marquez as a welter, wouldn't pick him to win against margo, clottey or the mosley cotto fought. But I really feel he could win against cotto because of cotto's weaknesses, what do you think? I feel also marquez could withstand his punches, possibly suffer knockdowns due to his poor balance but could score an amazing comeback in the late rounds where cotto usually fades
MarioBrothers is offline  Top